Objectives of the MHS
Malaysia Hindu Sangam operates with the following objectives:
- To Promote the Spiritual, Moral, Cultural and Social interests of the Hindus.
- To organize, promote and assist in any way whatsoever the study and advancement of Hinduism and any subject cognate or allied to the study thereof.
- To organize, promote and provide lectures, class teaching, individual tuition and also public meetings, discussions, conferences and seminars and assist in religious festivals.
- To co-ordinate the interests and activities of Hindu Organizations.
- To print, publish and distribute gratuitously or otherwise journals, periodicals, leaflets or books that the Sangam may consider desirable for the promotion of its objectives in English, Tamil, Hindi or any other language that may be decided upon by the Central Council.
- To establish, acquire, manage and advise Hindu Institutions, Halls, Schools, Lecture Rooms, Libraries, Reading Rooms and opportunities for study and research.
- To construct, maintain or alter any buildings or works of the Sangam.
- To accept any gift of property whether movable or immovable, whether subject or not to any special trusts or conditions in favour or furtherance of any of the objectives of the Sangam.
- To take such steps by personal or written appeals, public meetings or otherwise as may from time to time be deemed expedient for the purpose of procuring contributions to the funds of the Sangam in the shape of donations, or otherwise.
- To incorporate or affiliate with any Institutions Societies or Associations having objectives wholly or in part similar to any of those of the Sangam and to co-operate with any person or persons or Institution or Association in aid of such objectives.
- To do all or any of the matters or things aforesaid either alone or in conjunction with others or by trustees, agents or otherwise; and generally to do all such other things as the Sangam may deem incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the objectives of the Sangam